Monday, September 27, 2010

Time Flies

Whew! Things are just crazy in the Sorenson household! It seems we are constantly running from one place to another and if we’re not running we’re undoubtedly making plans to do so. I have been beyond busy with the family event I’m coordinating at Little Miss’ school. It’s going along really well and I’ve met a TON of people which was one of the big reasons I decided to do this in the first place. It’s been a lot of work, but it’s also been fun. As if that wasn’t enough, my work has been crazy busy also. That’s going to be the case through the end of the year pretty much, but then after that things should smooth out.

 It looks as though Big Daddy will almost certainly be returning to his previous employer. It’s been several weeks of back and forth but I think the final details are almost in place. There are still a few details to work out, but I think everyone on both sides agree it’s a done deal. He is feeling really good about his decision and just knowing he’s getting out of where he is now has improved his outlook tremendously. It’s been a rough summer for Big Daddy, but I think the Fall is looking good!

Little Miss is doing wonderfully! It is amazing to see the maturity she continues to develop. She really is becoming a delightful young lady. Oh sure, we still have moments, but in the grand scheme of things, they’re barely blips on the radar. She had her first school field trip to the Botanic Gardens today and seemed to have a good time. It was one of those things that going into she really didn’t understand, but by the time it was over she was pretty excited about it.
Little Miss this morning before the big field trip.

Although I haven’t had the time to do a lot of blogging, here are
some of the pictures we’ve taken over the last couple of weeks:
September 18th was Daddy's annual trip to the Great Amercan Beer
Fest  which meant the annual making of the pretzle necklaces.
 While Big Daddy was at the Beer Festival, Little Miss and
 I decided to make  it a girls afternoon downtown.  One of
 the things we did was see Alpha & Omega which we both liked!
On our way  out of the movie we caught this awesome view of
 downtown Denver.
We passed a bridal shop and Little Miss ran up to the window
and just gazed inside. I absolutely love, love, love this picture!
 We also made a pit stop at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate
Factory. This is Little Miss biting into a 'Peanut Butter Bucket'.
 Frolicking in the fountains on 16th Street Mall
 The Beer Fest was at the Convention Center and Little
Miss had never seen the Big Blue Bear that peers inside.
It really is a cool thing to see up close! 
Little Miss using various craft items to decorate herself.
 
These pictures don't really do it justice, but she did all
of this by herself and it all looked really cool!
 Just this past weekend we all went and helped set up for
book fair at Little Miss' school. We were there for nearly
 4 hours and Little Miss was a CHAMP! She helped us out
a lot and also found time to get a sneak peek at the new books.  
It's just not possible to be grouchy setting up a book fair.
Doesn't Big Daddy look cute? :-)
 After setting up the bookfair we all went out for a
well deserved and hard earned ice cream treat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment