….and sometimes you’re the bug. Today, I am definitely the bug. Last night we got an e-mail from Little Miss’ teacher expressing concerns that Little Miss is hitting and biting herself when she gets upset or angry in class. We’ve had some isolated instances of her hitting herself at home, but nothing that I saw as more than attention seeking and never any biting. Now I’m wondering if there is something more serious going on. The teacher was also concerned about comments Little Miss made to the effect of nobody likes her and she can’t do anything right. She has said these things at home as well and we have always reassured her that she is smart and that no one does things perfectly all the time and felt like this was all part of the struggle she has dealing with frustration. I’ve spent the last two hours Googling child behaviors (by the way the internet is not always your friend) and am seriously wondering if we need to think about having Little Miss evaluated. It’s amazing how quickly we go from feeling really positive and encouraged to dejected and quite frankly frightened.
This afternoon is Parent/Teacher Conferences so Little Miss had a half day of a school. We made arrangements with her normal after school care provider to pick her up at 11:20 today. At 12:04 the school called Big Daddy to say no one had shown up to pick up Little Miss. Once he got a hold of the care provider they apologized and told us, they forgot. Three separate confirmations over the last week and they forgot?! When Big Daddy got a hold of me and told me what was going on I was beyond furious and called the care provider myself. I get that people make mistakes. I’m actually a very forgiving person, because God knows I’m not perfect, but I confirmed this with them THREE TIMES! Arrrgghh!
Finally, this family event at school is getting out of control. What was supposed to be an event for 50 or 60 people has turned into over 200. Between the massive amount of effort its requiring and some snotty comments from a few parents, I’m just sick of it all. I haven’t been to bed before 2 am in four days and work is extremely busy right now. Certainly lack of sleep is contributing to how overwhelmed I’m feeling. I can hardly speak without getting emotional and weepy. I don’t know how I’m going to go into the parent/teacher conference and not burst into tears. That’s going to make a good impression.
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment