So Little Miss is on six straight days of green. Woo Hoo! We are really beginning to see a maturity develop in her that is just fantastic. Her manners have generally been terrific which has been delightful! She told me yesterday that some girls on the playground were being mean to her because they each had memorized their home phone number, but Little Miss didn’t know hers. She said to me, “I just decided I didn’t want to play with them if they were going to be mean and I rode away on my magical horse.” Atta girl! I think she’s also really getting comfortable with the new routine. Since school has started she has been asleep within 5 minutes of us leaving her room. Last night and tonight she was back to opening her door after we left and making up excuses why we needed to come back in. So, that tells me she isn’t quite as exhausted as she has been.
We had a much nicer weekend, although we didn’t get a lot done. I’m afraid we’ve overscheduled our weekends with dance class on Friday nights, church on Saturday and swim lessons on Sunday. It’s not that any of those things by themselves take a long time, but added to cleaning the house, doing laundry, grocery shopping and all the other errands that get pushed off until the weekend, it so far hasn’t left a lot of room for fun or relaxing. Fortunately Big Daddy’s voice of reason spoke up when I started entertaining Little Miss’s desire to start ice skating lessons. I'm telling you, left to my own devices I'm dangerous. J
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment