Poor Little Miss. Some firsts are exciting and wonderful, others not so much. Yesterday she woke up at 4:00 am complaining of a sore throat, but she went right back to sleep. When it was actually time to get up for school, she wasn't complaining of the sore throat and she was in a great mood. She was fine throughout the day with no complaints and no sign that she was getting sick. We attended a silent auction and dinner at the school last night and when we got there she seemed perfectly fine, but when we went to pick her up at the kids room, she looked miserable. She was on the verge of tears and saying that her throat was hurting bad! She also felt extremely warm and I was confident she was running a fever. We hit the drug store on our way home and when we got home I took a peek at her throat and it was definitely red. She said she was hungry and had some pudding and then went straight to bed. She actually slept pretty well, but she did wake up a couple times. The medicine kept her fever down, but she still looked like she didn't feel good this morning. Plus, in addition to her throat, she was also complaining her stomach was upset.
I thought she might be hungry again, and she asked for some toast but it wasn't long before that came back up. Her voice sounded a bit hoarse and I took another look at her throat, which was even more red and irriated than last night, so we knew we had to take her to the doctor. Little Miss had never had a throat culture before, so that was another first. She really thought that was awful, and I can't say that I blame her. I'd rather have 10 shots than 1 throat culture myself. Even thinking about them makes me gag! 10 minutes later the doctor was back confirming strep. He told us cold foods with sugar would both help the throat and keep her stomach settled, which really excited Little Miss. All she heard was 'sugar' but that was enough for her. On our way home she said, "Mom, the reason I like to eat sugar so much is because it's healthy for me." Ummm, yeah, not exactly what the doctor said, but we'll go with it for today. She's taken it easy all day which has been good. The pain reliever has really helped and at times you woudn't even know she's sick. Then the pain reliever starts to wear off and we know her little body is still fighting something. I'm never glad that she's sick, but I'm glad if it was going to happen, it was this weekend and not last so that she got to experience Halloween without being sick. I think tomorrow, after 24 hours on antibiotics she'll be much better!
Saturday, November 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment