Monday, November 8, 2010

Back to School


Little Miss is fully on the mend and went back to school today as expected. She laid around the house yesterday, but overall you could tell she was much better and she was playful and silly most of the day. It turned out to be a very productive weekend at home just cleaning up and organizing which was nice. We took down all of the Halloween decoration and put up the Thanksgiving stuff. The weather report is calling for cold weather including possibly some snow this week and let me tell you, I am ready for it to start feeling like Fall!

I forgot to write on Saturday about one of the sweetest things I’ve ever seen Little Miss do. So, we were at the after hours care clinic to be seen for her throat and it was a packed waiting room. While we were there this family came in with the mom holding a young girl about Little Miss’ age who was crying hard and clutching her leg. We overheard them telling the staff that their kids had been on the trampoline when they heard a blood curdling scream and knew something was wrong. They thought it had something to do with her knee because she was refusing to straighten her leg. This poor young girl was clearly in a lot of pain. They were sitting across from us in the waiting room and as the little girl was softly crying against her mother, Little Miss leans over and whispers in my ear, “Mom, do you think I should give that little girl my Panda?” She was referring to her little stuffed Panda that is her absolute favorite stuffed animal in the world! I thought that was so sweet I literally had to choke back tears. I told her that I thought she was the most considerate kid in the world to be willing to give her panda away, but that what I thought that little girl needed most right now was her mama. A few minutes later the little girl had stopped crying and had fallen asleep in her mom’s arms and Little Miss again leaned over and said, “How about now, do you think I should give her my Panda now?” I hugged her again and said that I thought she had everything she needed, but told her was an incredibly sweet and kind kid she was to be willing to do that for someone else. I know that Little Miss would have gladly given up her favorite stuffed animal right there on the spot to make that little girl feel better. It was one of the most touching things I’ve ever seen her do. I was so proud of her and so touched that she was willing to do something like that for a total stranger in need. Kind makes me teary again just thinking about it. What a great, sweet kid she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment