Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Silly Sorensons



We are unabashedly one of the dorkiest families I know (see above). On Sunday we ended up playing an impromtu game of "Monster". It's important to say here that Little Miss loves all things scary and if anyone cares to have a conversation with her about dead bodies, ghosts, monsters or various ways in which the human body can be injured or maimed, she's all too happy to talk about that stuff. I've chosen to identify the silver lining in this being that perhaps we are raising a budding mortician or coroner, but I digress. So on Sunday Little Miss was all about having us pretend to be monsters and chase her around the house scaring the daylights out of her. At one point she was in her bathroom and Big Daddy and I decided to put on every pair of swim goggles we could find and lay in wait at her bathroom door until she finally came out. It took about 10 minutes before she opened the door and we jumped up with our faces covered in goggles and roared. We definitely scared her and she retreated into the bathroom and slammed the door. She was half laughing half crying and I wondered if maybe we had gone too far. But within a few seconds she cracked the door opened and said, "Do that again!"  Not long after that she ran in her room and told us to wait outside. When she came out she looked like this:
Four pairs of underwear and calling herself "The Underwear Monster". So there we were our little family of three running through the house wearing swim goggles and multiple pairs of underwear on what was just another Sunday afternoon in the Sorenson Household. Yeah, life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment