Tuesday, August 24, 2010

More Yellow

It does not appear that Little Miss is terribly bothered by having her name moved to yellow, as evidenced by yesterday being yet another day of experiencing such action. In addition, we also learned of some escalating behavior that started yesterday. Sigh..... I’m not entirely clear on the circumstances that led to having her name moved, but I suspect more of the same things we have already seen. In addition, Little Miss told us that she yelled at a teacher on the playground and then refused to do what she was asked. Her classroom teacher was called to escort her off the playground and she spent the remainder of recess in a chair in her classroom. This was in addition to losing her free time as a result of her name being moved. Up to this point I’ve assured myself that she just needed to get used to the new structure and the rules and then she would turn it around. Last night, I was not feeling so confident. I continued to praise her for telling me the truth, but I took her TV privileges away for the night and again reiterated to her that she simply cannot be disrespectful to others without there being consequences. Her mood was great last night in spite of this but mine was definitely on the sour side. I don’t want to make such a big deal out of things that she stops telling me what’s going on, but at the same time I want to convey to her how unacceptable her behavior is and that it needs to improve. Tonight is back to school night for parents so we will have a chance to talk directly with her teacher and get some feedback and perspective from her which I think will help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment