Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

Tonight was the annual carving of the pumpkin. It sounds like a really fancy event, but the reality is I just realized we hadn't yet done it and was afraid if we didn't do it soon, I would forget all together.  We had a few good pumpkins from our garden that were perfect for carving. Little Miss was very excited about he IDEA of carving a pumpkin, but once we got into the nitty gritty of actually doing it, she was more inclined to observe and direct as opposed to participate.

She was delightfully disgusted by the pumpkin guts and got a kick of talking about 'how gross' it all was. She opted for a very traditional pumpkin carving, with her only real request being that it had "scary teeth". It worked out great, because I really don't have the patience nor the skill to do anything too terribly fancy. She liked pulling out the pieces as we got them carved out, but that was about as much as she was willing to do with her bare hands.

Once it was all finished we put a candle inside and lit it up. I actually think it's one of the best Jack-O-Lanterns we've ever had!

Little Miss making her scary pumpkin face! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment