Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Christian School
Tonight we went to an information meeting at the Church regarding their K-8th school program. I have to admit, I liked it more than I thought I would. I was quite impressed by the curriculum, staff and general organization and goals of the school. My biggest concern was that it would be "too Church-ey." I didn't want to feel like we were sending Little Miss to church 6 days a week. We also really want her to have an education that balances her faith and belief in God with other interests, ideas and activities which we believe will make her better able to relate and interact with all kinds of people throughout her life. That balance is very important to us and our fear was that a Christian based school might have the effect of being less balanced rather than more so. We were pleasantly surprised at the balance that appears to exist at the school. The only question that Little Miss had was, "How many recesses do I get?" HA, HA, HA! Love it! She also wanted to see the playground, which we went out to see even though it was dark. She was satisfied by both the number of recesses she will have and the size of the playground, so from her perspective it's a go. She did tell us as we were driving home that she is afraid to go to Kindergarten and wants to stay at her current school. Bless her heart. We reassured her that it was very normal to have those feelings when making a big change and assured her we would do everything possible to help get her ready. Thursday we are going to another information meeting at another school, which I am also very interested in. We've been wait listed at that school since last summer and when I called today, the gal told me that we are number 28 on the list and they have 50 open spots they will be offering by January 19th. That was good news, because up until tonight that was my school of choice for Little Miss. This has all been very stressful no matter how you slice it. When I was in school, you just went to the neighborhood school and that was it. There was no choice, no decision making, no information meetings, it was just expected that you went to the school in your district and that was that. I suppose this is good, but sheesh if Kindergarten is this crazy, what the heck will it be like when it's time for her to make decisions about college?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey, can you e-mail me at ndaukathotmaildotcom so I can get you the invite to my blog? What happened to you on FB? Glad to see you're all well!
ReplyDelete