I haven't updated the blog in a few days and I honestly don't really have a good excuse. I've just been lazy I guess. Little Miss finally got back in the groove of school and her normal routine and the rest of last week was uneventful. Exactly how I like it! This past weekend was one of those rare weekends where we had absolutely nothing planned or scheduled. It was heavenly! Big Daddy was on call, which always has him a little on edge just because the possibility exists that the phone could ring at any time, but even his on call was mostly quiet and manageable. I've learned over the years that the less I have to do the less I get done. Given that we had a weekend that didn't have a lot going on you'd think I would have accomplished a lot. Not so much. It seems counter-intuitive, but that's how it is for me. I think I know when I don't have a lot of time I have to make it count. When I do have a lot of time that's when I start putting things off. Saturday we ran a few errands which is really code for going out for coffee and wandering around Target for a couple hours. Little Miss got a haircut while we were out, but that was about the extent of getting anything done. Did I mention it was heavenly? We did decorate for Thanksgiving on Sunday which was nice. Little Miss and I had some initial creative disagreements about where the decorations should go. She preferred to have EVERYTHING on the coffee table all together and I was of the opinion that it needed to be spread out a bit more. After some complaining and stomping around we reached an agreement we both were happy with and it ended up looking great. I'm taking the 5th on who did the stomping and who did the complaining. :-) I love having the house decorated for Thanksgiving. It's my absolute favorite holiday of all. Everything about it appeals to me, the food, the smells, the company, the time of year, the long weekend, and most importantly, spending the time to remember and be grateful for all the blessings in my life. Something I don't always remember to do. I think it's the general feeling of being content when I stop to think about all I have to be thankful for that I enjoy so much.
As we were getting things unpacked, I realized Little
Miss was dressed more like 4th of July than Thanksgiving.
No matter what time of year, she's definitely a firecracker!
No matter what time of year, she's definitely a firecracker!
This was Little Miss' original vision of how the decorations
should be displayed
should be displayed
Working together after agreeing to spread things out a bit.
Right in the middle of decorating, Little Miss stopped and gave Big Daddy a random kiss on his head. It was so sweet and so cute! We had to have a reenactment to catch a photo of it. Priceless!
No comments:
Post a Comment