Friday, October 23, 2009

Checking in

Last Sunday I started feeling sick with a cough and sore throat. Monday morning I felt a little better, but by Monday afternoon I was feeling even worse than I had the day before and new symptoms included aches and fever. Not being one to overreact (I can hear those who know me snickering!) I went online and found this website that asks questions and then tells you the likelihood of whether or not you have the flu. I get to the end of the 'quiz' and in big bold red letters it says, "YOU LIKELY HAVE THE FLU. SEE YOUR DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY."  Terrific. It was late enough in the afternoon that I knew that I wasn't going to see a doctor on Monday, so I decide to just get in bed and wait until the morning. Big Daddy took care of dinner and bed time with Little Miss and just let me rest (and watch the Bronco Game, I'd have to have been in a coma to miss that.) Little Miss was so adorable because she kept checking on me throughout the evening. Completely on her own she brought in her favorite blankets and covered me up. A little later she brought in an extra pillow and she'd ask how I was doing and pat my shoulder or my arm. It was so sweet. I kept reassuring her that I was fine.  She started coloring pictures on the computer and brought them to me saying "This is to cheer you up and make you feel better." I just love that kid!! It ended up being a fitful night of sleep, but by the morning, I had no fever, no aching and my throat didn't hurt at all. I even went to work and I've been fine the rest of the week. Go figure. Thankfully it was short lived. 

No comments:

Post a Comment