Sunday, September 27, 2009
Harvest Time
Today we decided to go out and harvest some of the vegetables from our garden. Little Miss was so excited to be able to pick stuff off the plants and kept repeating, "I like helping my parents harvest." Ha, ha. She really does love to help out and this was a great activity for her. We picked a ton of jalapeño peppers and a fair amount of tomatoes. A lot of the tomatoes are still really green. I think that may have to do with such a mild summer and the severe weather we had early in the season. That garden got blasted by hail four or five times in June. It's actually pretty remarkable anything made it at all, considering. We have about 10 good sized pumpkins that should be perfect for making Jack-O-Lanterns for Halloween! I plan on taking the extra ones over to the neighborhood kids here in a week or so. This afternoon I made some fresh salsa with the tomatoes and jalapeños which I think turned out pretty good! I still had to use some store bought ingredients since we didn't grow any onions and my Cilantro was a victim of the weather. I still have a bunch of jalapeños to use and I found a great recipe for Jalapeño Poppers that I'm going to try later this week. Hopefully they turn out as good as the recipe sounds!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment